BRITE RIDE : The Cyclists Training Studio
Brite Coaching is excited to be heading into our 4th year running a winter-only indoor training program for road cyclists, mountain bikers, triathletes and cyclocross riders.
We call it “Brite Ride”. Our program will be run out of More Bikes in the heart of Kitsliano - 1856 West 4th avenue.
Brite Ride is not an everyday spin class, it is high quality cycling coaching done indoors. It is the training that real cyclists do during the winter months to build strength, power and endurance for the coming season. The riders that attend our classes are real cyclists who are passionate about their sport.
- Brite Ride is coached by professionals who understand the sport of cycling from all aspects of performance.
- Classes are scheduled to accommodate the working athletes - early mornings, evenings and weekends.
- Brite Ride is introducing a new indoor performance bike to the west coast: STAGE by Louis Garneau. Equipped with power measurement, cadence, HR, time and speed.
- Seat height and handlebars are fully adjustable to achieve your optimum riding position.
- Fresh workout towels and filtered water provided.
- Classes will be either 60 or 90 minutes in duration.
- Classes will be intentional, purposeful and athlete centric training sessions.
- Classes are open to all levels with an athletic spirit.
Head Coaches and Program Founders: David Gerth & Christine Fletcher. David & Christine periodize the blocks of trainings and work closely with each coach to ensure we all deliver consistent experiences filled with quality awesomeness and engaging training sessions yet in keeping with our unique personalities.
A cast of coaches like this is hard to come by. It really is. Brite Ride is honoured to have our coaches lead, design, carve and play with tools and tricks they have acquired over the years as top notch endurance athletes. The best coaches come with real world experience in the trenches. Believe us, this lot has been in the trenches. Some are still digging their way out. You will learn more about each coach and get to know them well. In the meantime, a good ol' nickname says a lot! (and we are willing to rename throughout the season):
- Liz Cullen aka The Smooth Operator
- Dan Schmit aka The Pressure Point
- Jeff O'Connell aka The Velvet Hammer
- Dylan Davies aka The Messenger
- Sherwood Plant aka The Bow-Tie
Brite Ride has a "micro studio" located inside More Bikes, 1856 West 4th Ave.
Due to the scheduling of the rides, parkingis plentiful and easy on 4th ave. Riders can enter the shop from front doors. After the ride begins the doors will be closed so please be on time!
What to Bring:
- Cycling Shoes with SPD cleats (also available for sale at More Bikes). The spd cleats look like these:
- As much as we would like to accommodate all pedal types, we ask that everyone comes equipped with the appropriate shoes to avoid pedal swapping. Running shoes will also work with our pedals in a pinch.
- Cycling Shorts
- Water Bottle
- Recovery Fuel (unless you plan on hitting a local coffee shop after!)
- Dry clothing for post ride
- Small Towels are provided by us to all riders
Pricing & Registration:
- Drop In: $22.00
- 5 Rides: $105.00
- 10 Rides: $200.00
- 15 Rides: $285.00
- 20 Rides: $360.00
- + GST