Yes, We know it's still summer.
We know it's sunny and hot and you're riding around in just yer bib shorts and you probably can't even find your leg warmers right now. We know you're listening to Despacito on repeat and you know your biggest weather challenges are sunscreen and warm bottles.
But fall is coming.
Rain. Sleet. Wind. Mud.
Indoor rides. Jolene.
And so is BriteCross!
So trade your sunscreen for embro and get ready for the 2017 Cyclocross season with the BriteCross coaching Series. We have worked with our expert Cyclocross Coach Sherwood Plant to develop a 4 week skill and fitness development course that will have you ready to rip it up in the mud this fall.
BriteCross starts Tuesday September 5th at 6pm.
The 4 week long BriteCross Series includes:
- 4x Tuesday evening skill sessions with Sherwood Plant
- 1 xThursday evening strength class with Gina Grain
- A 4 week comprehensive BriteCross training plan
- Entry fees paid for the September 30th Vanier Park Cyclocross race
- BriteCross raceday support at the Vanier Park Race
Sherwood has been racing cross, track, mountain and road bikes at regional, national and international levels since he was 12 years old. He specializes in Crits and Cross. He will draw from his wealth of knowledge to teach you everything you need to know to have a great cross racing season, including but not limited to:
- Efficient dismounts & remounts
- Speedy and effective race starts
- Smooth, fast cornering on every type of surface
- Proper bike carrying
- Getting over barriers the right way
- Riding in mud and sand
Once you've mastered these skills, we just know you're going to be excited to race, and we've got you covered. Your BriteCross registration fee includes entry into the September 30th Vanier Park Cross Race, where BriteCross will be on hand to give you all the mental support, mechanical know how, and bacon hand ups you'll need to have a successful race
- Skill nights with Sherwood Plant will be on every Tuesday in September starting September 5th, at 6pm at Riverview Park in Vancouer: https://goo.gl/maps/ZXxAzm5X1EA2
- Strength training night with Gina Grain will be Thursday September 14th
- You will be provided with a 4 week training plan that will help prepare you for the cyclocross season.
- A cross bike is great, but if you don't have one, a mountain bike or a hybrid bike will work just fine as well!
- Entry to the VCXC Vanier park race: https://www.vcxc.ca/index
is included with our fee. We will be there on race day to do everything we can to make sure your race is smooth, fun, and FAST!
Space is limited to 15 athletes, so register soon!